Lined Plug Valves
FluoroSeal® Lined Plug Valves use high precision investment casting method for all major pressure holding components. The standard base model offers:
- Carbon Steel body, plug and cover (ASTM A216 Gr. WCB).
- Low porosity PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy) as standard liner
- All cast parts have an acrylic based coating prior to lining for added protection from corrosion attack due to permeation
FluoroSeal® Lined Plug Valves feature an unpigmented virgin PFA lining applied by Transfer Molding and locked into castings by machined dovetail-shaped grooves, and cast dovetail-shaped recesses in body castings and cast holes.
- Prevents liner collapse in vacuum conditions
- Prevents blow out in high temperature and pressure combined conditions
- Transfer Molding insures equal distribution and consistency of liner throughout the entire surface of the lined components as per ASTM F1545
- No weak sections in the valve liner
- All liner defects are directly visible
By design, Lined Plug Valves are cavity-free both in open and closed positions.
- No particle accumulation
- Ideal for corrosive slurry applications superior sealing capabilities
The interface between the tapered outer plug and the tapered inner body liner provides a 360° primary sealing area. Additional sealing levels are achieved by a delta ring and PTFE diaphragm, both protected by a metal diaphragm. The metal diaphragm assists in encapsulation, acts as an antistatic device, and is a metal seal to atmosphere, in case of PTFE failure.
- Tight shutoff
- Compression seal (upstream and downstream)
- Bi-directional valve
- Sealed at both plug and stem
FluoroSeal® Lined Plug Valves can be fitted with the state-of-the-art EZ-SEAL® adjustment mechanism, available on sizes 1/2” to 6”.
- Single point frontal adjustment — no special tooling needed
- 360° simultaneous and even compression of top seal and plug
- Plug adjustment is linear, impossible to side load
- Integrated Min/Max gauge offers a visual diagnostic of remaining service life and allows for easy maintenance planning
- EZ-SEAL® design significantly reduces recordable leakage
- EZ-SEAL® Bracket and Lock with multiple ISO mounting capabilities and five locking positions are offered in 304 SS as standard
- ISO mount, explosion proof stem design
LINED PLUG VALVES — AVAILABLE CONFIGURATIONS
- Class 150 lbs Flanged, 1/2" to 14"
- PN 16, DN 25 to DN 150